28 hours (usually 4 days including breaks)
The objective of the course is to enable participants to gain a mastery of the basics and applications of Adobe Technical Communication Suite.
- Understanding the FrameMaker model and its word processing and desktop publishing features.
- Difference between structured and unstructured Framemaker
- Working with framemaker documents, paragraph formats, page layout
- The Structured Environment, Recognise DITA topics and maps and the elements which are to be used in the creation of content.
- Attributes, The element catalog
- Working with Text Elements
- Insert content using elements which are moved, deleted, merged or split as required
- Object Elements
- Table Elements, customising tables
- Importing Files into a Structured Flow
- Validation of structured files to ensure that all DITA rules are adhered to.
- Master Pages
- Book Building
- Tables of Contents
- Anchored frames and Graphics
- Insert, modify and delete cross–references and variables within documents and between files
- Create documents for distribution in various formats
- Product Overview and the Design Process/Describing Captivate Projects
- Recording a Software Demonstration/The difference between simulations and demonstrations.
- Working with Text Captions and the Timeline
- Working with Images and objects
- Pointer Paths, Buttons and Highlight Boxes
- Converting Demonstrations into Simulations/recording an interactive simulation
- Rollovers and Zoom Areas
- Slide Labels, Notes and Audio
- Animation and Flash Video
- Using e-learning features
- Creating Quizzes
- MenuBuilder and Publishing Projects
- Introduction to Robohelp/Workspaces, topics, TOC, generate HTML help, generate WebHelp, generate complicant and responsive HTML.
- Create new projects and add content – import html, word, framemaker, pdf etc.
- Project structure and CSS
- Editing content
- Creating links to other documents, hyperlinks, bookmarks etc.
- Inserting images and multimedia
- Reusing content
- Indexes, search and glossaries,
- Skins and master pages
- Docs, Ebooks and scripts
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
From 6000EUR (3)
Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|